This event has ended
St Ann's Church, Saturday 27th July
Irish Youth Baroque Orchestra Summer Performance – ‘Baroque Dances: From the Sublime to the Bizarre'.
Fifteen of Ireland's finest young string, wind, and harpsichord musicians have been selected to play in this year's Irish Youth Baroque Orchestra – a week-long music course where young musicians with a penchant for historical performance practice can hone their talents under the guidance of artistic director Claire Duff and other baroque specialists from the Irish Baroque Orchestra.
The course will culminate in a concert in St Ann's Church on Dawson St. Come along to hear some of the best of Ireland's young baroque musicians as they explore the theme of ‘Baroque Dances: From the Sublime to the Bizarre', with performances to include:
- J-B Lully – Marche pour la Cérémonie des Turcs
- M. Marais – Quatrième suite, Airs pour les matelots et les tritons (Alcyone, Suite des Airs á Joüer)
- A. Corelli – Concerto Grosso Op. 6 No. 9 in F major
- G. P. Telemann Ouverture ‘La Bizarre’ in G major
- G. F. Handel – Passacaille in G major, HWV 399
Tickets available on the door.
- Saturday 27th July
- €10 | €15
- St Ann's Church of Ireland, Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Ireland