Not only does Ireland’s unique strategic location make it the perfect gateway to Europe and the US, it has also been ranked the best country in Europe for startups. In Dublin, you will have access to a young, diverse, highly educated and highly skilled workforce, both Irish and International, who enjoy
There’s no secret as to why so many companies have chosen to base their operations in Dublin – Ireland is the top country in the world for investment incentives.
Favourable Tax Regime
Ireland’s corporate tax rate is 12.5%. That’s the third-lowest in the EU, and the third-lowest in the OECD group of developed economies. Only Switzerland’s and Hungary’s are lower.
The PWC “Paying Taxes 2019” report ranked Ireland 1st in Europe for ease of paying business taxes. Ireland is ranked 2nd in the World for Tax attractiveness for digital business models.
Tax incentives to support investment in innovation
A priority for Ireland is the support of investment in research and development. Its 25% R&D tax credit, together with a firm but fair intellectual property (IP) protection regime and access to world-class universities, makes Dublin a great place to invest in R&D.
The Knowledge Development Box (KDB) is a corporation tax relief which applies to income from qualifying patents, computer programmes and, for smaller companies, certain other certified IP. It offers a tax deduction of up to 50% on profits arising from new innovations. The KDB is the centrepiece of a broader IP tax regime offering generous capital allowances to offset against the profits arising from qualifying IP assets. These allowances may offer a deduction of up to 80% of the relevant profits, with the remaining 20% taxable at Ireland’s competitive 12.5% corporate tax rate.
The creation of the Employment and Investment Incentive (EII), which provides tax relief for those investing in certain types of start-ups, is another encouraging development in this area.
The World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business report ranks Ireland as the world’s 8th easiest place to start a business: “Ireland’s pro-business attitude and relatively low level of bureaucracy supports the setting up of business with a minimum of red tape…[its] strong legal and regulatory landscape makes the country an attractive and stable place to do business”. Regulation Irish regulators, across different sectors, have a strong reputation for excellence. These include the Central Bank of Ireland which is the regulator of all Financial services firms in Ireland, the Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) which boasts a
Two very popular areas to invest in here are Dublin’s startups – and emerging companies – and its real estate. Dublin’s startups and emerging companies Whatever your interests, budget and appetite for risk, Dublin’s capital ecosystem can provide the investment opportunity you’re looking for. Tech Ireland’s website is a good place to start your search. If you are interested in meeting some of Dublin’s entrepreneurs, visit Startup Dublin, which arranges startup networking events – including the highly s