Dublin Wizard Con
Red Cow Moran Hotel, Friday 2nd November - Sunday 4th November 2018
Everybody get your wands and book a place on the Knight Bus because Ireland's very own Wizard convention is coming. A chance for Wizarding fans to come together and share their love of the characters, books, movies and stories, in an immersive, intimate, fan-focused convention.
Fans of any age are welcome to attend Wizard Con but, just as Harry had to be 11 to attend Hogwarts, the recommended age for attendees is 11 years of age. Some of the programming may not be suitable for attendees under the age of 11. Please have a look at the event schedule to judge age appropriate activities before purchasing tickets.
- Diagon Alley Market – Take a stroll amongst the wondrous and magical stalls of the Mini-Market. From hand made to ‘magic made' there's something for every fan.
- Cosplay – Cloak yourself in fantastical clothes and you could win! Prizes, awards and compliments await those who impress the judges.
- House Cup – Calling Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Griffindor and Ravenclaw. Win points for your house throughout the day. Who will win the House Cup?
- Marauders Map: Treasure Hunts – There's 7 of them, can you guess what they are? They must be earned. Can you find all of them using clues, riddles and completing challenges?
- Enchanted Escape Rooms – Can you puzzle your way out of the ingenious Escape Rooms? Work together with friends and magic to win your freedom.
- Magical Creatures & Fantastic Beasts – Owls and some mystery creatures. Find out more about these magical beasts and get a photo with them.
- Magical Interactive Gameshow – Calling all Quizards! Do you have the knowledge and guile to win prizes in the Potter themed Quiz and Gameshow?
- Wizard Bingo – It's the Bingo! But not like you've ever seen before. Magical games, a Mystery Box and tons of prizes are waiting to be won.
- Fan Awards & Spot Prizes – Spot prizes to be given out during a whole range of interactive games and challenges, bring your ‘A Game' and you could walk away with one of the special ‘Quill Awards'.
- Yule Ball – After all the fun of the day, it'll be time to bring the magic to the dance floor with the biggest social event of the weekend.
More to be announced..!
A group of Harry Potter fans (and friends) on a quest to unite and befriend as many like minded wizards as possible under one roof. The 1st Dublin Wizard Con aims to bring a professional and fun event to you and give an annual home to gathering the houses and celebrating the amazing world JK Rowling created with her sublime vision. This fantastical world is one fans have all come to love. Fandom's greatest strengths lie is its creativity, friendliness and participatory nature. Almost all programming is designed to be focused around the guests, making you active contributors to the convention.
- Friday 2nd November - Sunday 4th November 2018
- 11.00am - 7.00pm
- Red Cow Moran Hotel, Naas Road, Fox-And-Geese, Dublin 22, Ireland