This event has ended
Dublin Web Fest
The Generator Hostel, Friday 24th November - Sunday 26th November 2017
Dub Web Fest, Ireland’s only web series festival, proudly supported by Dublin City Council, Dublin.ie and The French Embassy of Ireland announces a diverse schedule for its third edition (24th -26th November) in the Generator in Dublin's vibrant Smithfield district.The exciting programme of events include web series, short film, music videos and virtual reality from South America, Australia, Japan, USA, France, Belgium and the best of home-grown Irish talent, encompassing genres such a comedy, horror, sci fi, drama and LGBT. There will also be a number of media and film-related workshops.
Kick off is on Friday 24th November with an Opening Night drinks reception, music and special guests in the funky surroundings of the Generator followed by World Festival Premiere screenings of a selection of web series.
- “Eighty Sixed” is a web series written and starring Cazzie David, daughter of Curb Your Enthusiasm's Larry David.
- Film and tech enthusiasts can delight in a Virtual Reality experience, watching a short films via their mobile phones with VR goggles.
- Work shop with Irish editor Tony Kearns (Cardboard Gangsters, Black Mirror and music videos for The Prodigy, Radiohead and The Chemical Brothers to name but a few).
- World Festival Premiere Screening of “Stand Down” a silent short film starring Billy Bob Thornton set to a searing Rock n Roll song of the same name.
- Special guests will include actor/writer/director Phaldut Sharma (The Office, Eastenders and Gavin & Stacey, Gravity and Children of Men). Phaldut comes to Dublin to present his series “I Gotta be Me”, a comedy/ documentary series about a present day Rat Pack impersonator group, which takes a comic look at the entertainment industry.
- The Closing Awards Ceremony will be held on Sunday 26th November, MC'd by award-winning Irish comedian Lisa Casey, regular at Electric Picnic and the Laughter Lounge and described by David McSavage as “so weird she makes me feel normal. Very Funny”.
- Friday 24th November - Sunday 26th November 2017
- €0 - €53.79
- Generator Hostels, Dublin, Ireland