This event has ended
Grand Canal Dock, Saturday 14th September - Sunday 15th September
Dragon boating is an ancient Chinese sport which dates back over 2000 years to a time of rivalry, intrigue and corruption. The dragon boat itself is deeply embedded in China's dragon culture, with each boat having an ornately carved dragon's head at the bow and tail in the stern. The boat is painted with scales and the paddles symbolically represent the dragon's claws. Modern day dragon boating has evolved as a high performance sport, capturing the imagination of the world by storm. With over 50 million paddlers participating annually in competitions worldwide, it is the fastest growing water sport in the world.
No previous experience required!
- Get your family, friends & company involved!
- Open to all levels of fitness.
- Teams of 17+ people required.
- All racing equipment & qualified boat helms provided.
- Prizes for winners & biggest fundraisers!
- Featuring the BCS Challenge & Under 18s Challenge.
Open & Under 18's Race Categories can race with 12-16 paddlers. All other categories can race with 16-20 paddlers.
Races will be conducted under the Rules & Regulations of the Irish Dragon Boat Association (IDBA) & any which are published in this Entry Form. An information pack will be forwarded to the Team Manager prior to the event detailing all the necessary information. Entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. All team members must be able to swim. The minimum age of any participant is 8 years. All competitors will be required to wear a buoyancy aid & conduct themselves sensibly. All competitors are to attend the safety briefing before being allowed on the water. The consumption of alcohol is strictly forbidden until competitors have finished racing.
- Saturday 14th September - Sunday 15th September
- €425 team (Adult) | €255 team (U18s)
- Grand Canal Quay, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin, Ireland