This event has ended
Online, Saturday 20th March - Sunday 18th April
Dear Ireland was originally conceived as a rapid response to the pandemic, to support artists during the early days of lockdown. It soon evolved into a project where the national theatre could communicate directly with their audience and the citizens of Ireland.
Three editions later, and with over 250,000 views, the national theatre are thrilled to partner with Culture Ireland to present Dear Ireland: Reflections on a Pandemic.
Join us as we relive some of the powerful performances from each series, including special guest interviews with Abbey Theatre Co-Directors and some of the participating artists and contributors.
This production is a part of Culture Ireland’s five day festival SEODA. Running from 17th-21st March 2020, read more about the festival and the festival’s programme here.
Dear Ireland: Reflections on a Pandemic will feature the following participants:
1. Dear Ireland I, “A Start”, Gina Moxley and Timmy Creed.
2. Dear Ireland I, “Dear Ireland you will hardly notice my absence”, Rosaleen McDonagh and Sorcha Fox.
3. Dear Ireland II, Sinead Troy and Jade Jordan.
4. Dear Ireland II, Ava Stapleton and Rynagh O’Grady.
5. Dear Ireland III, “Vulnerable”, Run of the Mill Theatre (Mark Smith and Aisling Byrne).