Children’s Winter Art Competition
As part of Dublin Winter Lights 2021, Dublin City Council is inviting groups and individuals to create artworks around the theme of “Dublin’s Winter Wildlife”. These artworks will be projected at Barnardo’s Square, Dame Street during the month of December with the top three entries being awarded a prize by Dublin’s Lord Mayor Alison Gilliland. The top three designs will also be used as the Lord Mayor’s official Christmas Card for 2021.
Guidelines for artwork:
- Artwork should be portrait in an aspect of 9:16. If you have a printer, you can download a template in A4 format. Note that any artwork outside of this aspect will be cropped.
- Artwork should follow the theme of “Dublin’s Winter Wildlife” and be festive in nature.
- Artwork should not contain any branding or political messaging.
- Artwork may be digital drawing, painting, sketch, collage etc but must be submitted as a high resolution file or scan in .jpeg, .png, .pdf format. We’d recommend Adobe Scan (Google Play Store/Apple App Store) if you are scanning a sheet or drawing.
- Please label your file with your name/organisation/group name.
- Please do not place your name/group name within the artwork. Entry names will be projected below the artwork.
- Dublin City Council reserves the right to use any submitted artwork as part of promotional images and materials including social media.
- All applicants must be under 18 years of age as of November 5th 2021 and must obtain parental/guardian consent before applying for the competition.
Closing date for entries is Friday November 5th at 6pm.
Please email all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org