Smithfield Square, Sunday 26th November 2017
An evening of Christmas family fun – all activities are free
The 2017 Smithfield Lights event is back and bigger than ever! This is the main family Christmas event in Dublin and a must for all families looking for a night of fun, festive entertainment!
Families can enjoy a wide range of children’s festive entertainment including face paints, workshops, a vintage carousel and an outdoor screening of classic Christmas movie The Snowman. There will be market stalls with a range of delicious foods, arts and crafts.
The main tree lighting event will take place at 7.10pm, with VIP Santa himself in attendance.
The event will be presented by MC Andrea Hayes and features music from the Stanhope Street Girls Choir, Red Empire and headline act The Riptide Movement.
The event schedule includes:
• Market Stalls open at 3.00pm
• Snow Globe, Carousel, Children’s Workshops & Face Painting open at 4.00pm
• Screening of movie The Snowman at 5.00pm – 5.30pm
• Sam Maguire on display at 5.00pm – 6.00pm
• Performance from Stanhope Street Girls Choir at 5.45pm – 6.05pm
• Performance from Red Empire 6.15pm – 7.00pm
• Children’s Workshops & Face Painting finishes at 7.00pm
• Lord Mayor gives a short speech on stage with Santa, followed by The Riptide Movement switching on the Christmas lights at 7.10pm
• Performance from The Riptide Movement at 7.20pm – 8.00pm
• All Entertainment (Carousel, Snow Globe etc) finishes at 8.00pm
• Christmas Market remains open until 9.00pm
• Event closes at 9pm
Free Family Workshops Schedule:
4.00pm – 5.30pm – Brown Bag Films | Winter Forest Doodle
Learn to draw forest monsters and creatures with Marten Jonmark of Brown Bag Films in giant winter forest doodle workshop!
5.30pm – 7.00pm – Christmas Lights Untangled | Comic Book Workshop
Join artist Fergal McCarthy to untangle the history of Christmas Lights in a fun comic-book making workshop
Free Family Performances (All Ages):
4.00pm – 4.45pm – Magic & Comedy Show with Brian Daly
Gasps & thrills for all the family with danger, mind-reading, illusion & lots of laughs!
5.00pm – 5.45pm – Santa & the Alien with No Strings Puppet Theatre
A little green alien lands in the North Pole. Find out what happens when he tries to steal Santa's toys in a wonderful new puppet show.
view the festival map here
- Sunday 26th November 2017
- Smithfield Square, Ireland