This event has ended
Mansion House, Wednesday 1st February
Celebrating Imbolc and St Brigid’s Day, the Lord Mayor Caroline Conroy invites you, on the first day of Spring, to join a panel of experts to consider the role of ’Nature in the City’ in addressing the biodiversity crisis.
The event will be opened by the Minister of State for Heritage Malcolm Noonan, and guests can enjoy a panel discussion featuring experts working in the field of nature conservation, biodiversity protection and community empowerment.
In acknowledgement of ‘Brigit: Dublin City Celebrating Women’, the panel will feature four change-making women working in various ways to reverse the loss of biodiversity and restore nature in Dublin City. The panel will be moderated by Irish Times journalist and Pocket Forests founder Catherine Cleary.
Schedule of Events:
• 3.30 – 4.00pm Registration with Tea / Coffee
• 4.00 – 4.15pm Welcome by Lord Mayor Caroline Conroy and event opened by Minister of State for Heritage Malcolm Noonan
• 4.15 – 4.30pm Lord Mayor Caroline Conroy and Minister of State for Heritage Malcolm Noonan will join our panel moderator Catherine Cleary to share their experience on the role of communities in addressing the biodiversity crisis
• 4.30 – 6.00pm ‘Nature in the City’ – our panelists will join Catherine Cleary for a discussion designed to educate and empower community leaders to take action for nature, with time for questions afterwards. Our guests will hear from:
Prof. Jane Stout – • co-founder of the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan and Professor in Botany and VP for Biodiversity and Climate Action at Trinity College Dublin
Lorraine Bull – Dublin City Council Biodiversity Officer.
Hannah Hamilton – sustainability specialist and special adviser to the Minister for Heritage
Tina Roche – former CEO and current adviser to the Community Foundation for Ireland
6.00 – 6.30pm Networking opportunity with Tea / Coffee / Sandwiches
Please arrive early for Tea + Coffee as the event will start at 4pm sharp
This is an in person event only, it will not be livestreamed
Spaces are limited so book your place now!
- Wednesday 1st February
- Mansion House, Dublin, Ireland