This event has ended
Dublin Songs and Stories part 5
The Sugar Club, Sunday 18th December 2016
Come Here To Me! AND THE SUGAR CLUB PRESENT
A NIGHT FOR MAGS (FUNDRAISER)
Megan Forkan is a close friend of ours who needs to raise €80k for a life-changing operation in the U.S. More : https://www.gofundme.com/magsEDSsurgeryfund
Another night of music, chats, art and culture with a cracking line up and all for a good cause..featuring the following folk.
– Brian Kerr (Former Republic of Ireland football manager)
– Aoife Kelleher (Director of award-winning documentary ‘One Million Dubliners')
– Black Bank Folk (Live performance)
– Danny Diamond (Traditional Musician)
– James Earley (Artist & Painter known for his amazing James Joyce on Blooms Hotel)
– Louise Lowe (Anu Productions)
– Fuchsia MacAree (Illustrator)
– Cian Nugent (Singer-songwriter & guitarist Live performance)
From the CHTM blog:
“To date, we've been lucky enough to host four nights in conjunction with our friends in The Sugar Club.The Dublin Songs and Stories nights have all been for charity, with the Dublin Rape Crisis, Inner City Helping Homeless and other great causes benefiting. There have been some real moments of magic at the nights to date; poet Stephen James Smith played a blinder in December 2015, while veteran political activist Ailbhe Smith and artist Jim Fitzpatrick are two others that come to mind instantly as special moments. We've had rappers, traditional musicians, street artists and historians, and always a very engaged and lively audience! The common thread between all the various performers has been the city of Dublin, and its importance in their lives and work.
The last night happened in March of this year, and included Will St Leger, Rory O'Neill (aka Panti Bliss) and others. We're getting back into it now and seeing the year out with the fifth night.
This night is to benefit a great cause, and a friend of the website who needs help – https://www.gofundme.com/magsEDSsurgeryfund. Mags lives with multiple conditions which drastically affect her quality of life and is in a very brave battle with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS). The manner in which friends have mobilised around her and her family in recent times in inspiring to see, and this is a small contribution towards that.
- Sunday 18th December 2016
- €10 (€12.50 on the door)
- The Sugar Club, Dublin, Ireland