Thanks to features like Stories, IGTV and video streams, Instagram is becoming the place to be for entertainment during COVID–19. Here’s our pick of the best Irish accounts producing live content:
- Roz Purcell (@rozannapurcell): Roz does weekly cook-alongs (also see her second page @naturalbornfeeder for more recipes), & live workouts at 8am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to help you get your sweat on & stay healthy at home.
- Jess Redden (@jessredden1): Jess has been posting great HIIT workouts on her feed, and her Story highlights are also a great place to find recipes for healthy meals and baked goods.
- Flyefit (@flyefit): While their gyms may be closed for the foreseeable future, the trainers from Flyefit are putting a huge effort into hosting a range of daily fitness classes via Instagram Live. Their posts also feature great suggestions for circuit workouts you can do in your own time at home, with little to no equipment required.
- The Happy Pear (@thehappypear): The Flynn twins’ feed is always full of delicious vegan recipes and great lifestyle content, pandemic or no pandemic, but lately they’ve been making their content even more of a family affair. Via their social channels, they’ve been doing live cook-alongs every weekday at 4pm with their kids.
- Yoga Hub (@yogahub): This Dublin-based chain of yoga studios is providing a full schedule of free yoga classes and meditation offerings via their Instagram page. Tuning in is a great way to get in touch with your mind and body and de-stress for a while.
View this post on Instagram
- Gerry Hussey (@gerry_hussey): Better known to many as the Soul Coach, Gerry Hussey’s account is one to follow if you’re looking to mind your mental health during this trying time. Through his Soul Space project, he’s been streaming live meditation sessions and offering advice on dealing with COVID–19-induced anxiety.
- ISPCC Childline (@ispcc_childline): Over the past few weeks, as a way of fundraising for a very worthy service, ISPCC Childline has organised a series of live gigs. Hozier, Niall Horan, Gavin James and Picture This have featured to date. Follow the account to keep up to date with upcoming gigs, and consider donating if you can.
- Gina Daly (@thedalydish): Are you craving a spice bag, Big Mac, or some other sinful takeaway meal that you can’t get during the lockdown? Bestselling cookbook author Gina Daly can help with that. Her Instagram account is a haven of healthy takeaway recipes and lifestyle content.
- Global Citizen (@glblctzn): This account’s reach might be worldwide, but it’s worthy of a shout out considering its latest #TogetherAtHome live concert series. Irish musicians including Hozier have been taking part, and it’s a great cause to tune into!
- Foil Arms and Hog (@foilarmsandhog): Last but not least, give our favourite Dublin comedy trio a follow if you’re in need of a laugh – let’s face it, in times like these, who isn’t? They release a new sketch every Thursday, but their IGTV is a gold mine of their best sketches to date – have a binge and you’ll be in stitches in no time!