Communities across the county are coming together to do whatever they can to help in the current crisis. We’ve collected a few of the initiatives here but if we’ve missed yours, please drop us a line at together [at] dublin.ie!
- Feed the Heroes: A nationwide initiative to provide essential and nutritious meals to frontline heroes. Has served over 100k meals and raised over a million euro.
- On Call for Ireland: Over 60k people have responded to the HSE’s COVID-19 recruitment drive.
- Coke Lane Pizza: Fundraising to deliver pizza to a variety of community facilities in the South Circular Road area.
- Beaumont Heroes Appeal: The northside hospital appeal hopes to bring staff small comforts and support – a hot coffee, a warm pizza or a cold drink – as they go about their life-saving work.
- Féasta fundraiser for the Mater Hospital: Rozanna Purcell, along with a group of Ireland’s top cooks and chefs, has created a PDF cookbook called “Féasta”, packed with over 20 recipes. The suggested donation (via GoFundMe) for the cookbook is €5, and all proceeds will go into a non restrictive fund for our hospitals.
- St James’ Hospital Fundraiser: St James’ Hospital’s medical staff are valiantly fighting COVID–19 on the front lines. The hospital is hosting an online fundraiser to support its staff.
- The Community Call: The Government of Ireland is coordinating a nationwide initiative that links local and national Government with the community and voluntary sectors to provide support to vulnerable members of local communities. See contact details below:
- Dublin City: Call (01) 222 8555 or email email@example.com
- Dun Laoghaire Rathdown: Call (01) 271 3199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fingal: Call (01) 890 5000 or email email@example.com
- South Dublin: 1800 240519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Good Grub: Good Grub is a not-for profit initiative fundraising to deliver nutritious fruit & veg parcels to families of DEIS school children in Dublin. DEIS is a national programme that addresses the needs of children and young adults in disadvantaged communities.
- Tech help for the over 65s: Are you cocooning and need tech help? A group of volunteers, led by IT consultant Deryck Fay, are providing telephone tech support for any of your queries. Phone (01) 963 3288 for help from 8am to 8pm.